If you work in or oversee a CNC shop, you know how vital every piece of equipment is to your operations. And if you’re going to bring something new into your workspace, you want to make sure that it will be adept at solving problems that you face and it will justify its cost and presence within your facility.
Utilizing a laser engraving system in your operations can help your shop in a wide variety of ways. Let’s take a look at the advantages of incorporating a CNC laser engraving machine into your operations.
Solutions Made Possible by CNC Laser Engravers
The laser marking and laser engraving systems from TYKMA Electrox can provide your facility with a range of benefits.
Every inch of space within a CNC shop is important, so utilizing that space well is key to a healthy operation. While a lot of CNC equipment can take up a sizeable footprint, the CNC laser etching and engraving systems from TYKMA Electrox come in numerous compact, desktop units, meaning you can create the markings and engravings you need without sacrificing a large amount of facility space.
Check out our Minilase and Vereo lines on our product page for some great examples of our efficient, compact systems.
Processing Large Parts
If you have large parts that come through your facility that need to be marked or engraved on a regular basis, having a laser marking system in place that can easily accommodate the parts’ size is vital.
Two of our desktop units ideal for larger parts include the Minilase Keon, which offers an open workspace, and the Minilase XL, which provides a three-sided pneumatic vertical door that allows for easy throughput of larger materials.
For those parts that need to be marked or engraved radially, such a cylindrical or spherical object, TYKMA Electrox provides enhancements for your CNC laser engraver.
As part of our options for accessories, we provide numerous rotary devices, which include:
Check out the specifications of each to see which would best fit your needs, and be sure to reach out to our team if you have any questions about these add-ons.
Increasing Safety Within Your Shop
Our laser engraving systems come standard with numerous safety features to ensure your operators’ health, security and well-being. For our various machines, these safety features include:
- Forklift slots for easy and safe transportation within a facility
- On and off keys to enable and disable the laser system and prevent unwanted or unsafe use of the system
- A tinted viewscreen for safe observance of laser marking or laser engraving in process
- Pneumatic doors on select units with a patented safety system that prevents any crushing or pinching by way of a rubber seal and light downward pressure
Other safety equipment that you can utilize with your TYKMA Electrox systems include:
- Laser safety glasses which will protect your eyes from scattered laser radiation while operating a laser system in a Class 4 environment
- A fume extraction system that works to remove harmful dust and fumes from your CNC laser engraving system, keeping both your system and facility clean and healthy
When you choose a TYKMA Electrox CNC laser etching and engraving system, you gain access to the most advanced fiber laser marker on the market. But not only that, you also will be able to see an impact on your bottom line and overall operating costs as well.
- Our laser engraving systems are extremely energy efficient, especially when compared to the more outdated YAG laser systems. And our turn-key laser marking systems are designed to utilize low-power components to boost proficiency and save you money long-term.
- Additionally, our laser systems are maintenance free which means you won’t have to spend time or money changing lamps, working through complex alignments, or water cooling.
- And with up to a 100,000-hour lifespan and a 3-year warranty, our systems are truly built to last. We also provide support for our customers 24/7, 365 days a year, so when you acquire a laser engraver from TYKMA Electrox, you’re making an investment that will really pay off.
The Benefits of Laser Engraving Systems Over Other Options
If your operations require a system for marking or labeling parts, such as barcodes, branding, serial numbers, instructions, and other vital pieces of client information, there are various possibilities you could look to for your equipment needs.
While dot peen marking, electrochemical marking, and inkjet marking are all options, we believe they do not compare when it comes to the versatility and efficiency of laser marking and engraving systems. Let’s take a look at each.
- Dot Peen Marking – Laser marking and engraving systems create clean, readable, accurate marks, which is something dot peen systems struggle with. The indents and peaks in a dot peen marking can be difficult to read at certain angles and in some lights. The stylus tip of a dot peen system can also wear and chip over time, unlike a laser beam, and dot peen systems tend to be less mobile than laser systems.
- Electrochemical Marking – Chemical etching is only able to be used on conductive materials, while laser marking and engraving systems can work on a wide variety of surface coatings and materials. Another major difference is that with chemical etching, the stampings, chemicals, filtration systems, and chemical disposal are all added costs, aspects that laser engravers do not have.
- Inkjet Marking – The quality of inkjet marking is quite low when compared to laser marking, etching, and engraving. It’s much more difficult to see graphics and data codes that have been created by inkjet methods. Also, inkjet is a much slower process and requires added costs through its consumable inks, both of which are drawbacks in comparison to laser marking systems.
Need Help in Selecting a CNC Laser Engraving Machine? Reach Out to Us!
Contact our team today so we can determine which CNC laser engraver best fits your needs. We’re ready to get to work!