Though laser marking has hundreds of fascinating applications and has been put to use in many diverse industries, one of the most essential uses for laser marking systems is in the production of electronics.
As technology continues to advance and consumers acquire more handheld and portable devices, the need for quality systems for laser marking electronics increases. Let’s take a look at how TYKMA Electrox can assist your business in its electronic laser marking needs.
Materials and Equipment
TYKMA Electrox specializes in fiber laser systems which are ideal for the laser marking of electronic parts due to the systems’ versatility.
Our laser marking systems are capable of marking the following materials, many of which are commonly utilized during electronics production:
As you can see, the possibilities for laser marking and laser engraving electronics are incredibly diverse, and that diversity is matched by the impressive line of equipment TYKMA Electrox offers.
We provide numerous laser marking systems which can meet the needs of any industry, with options in regards to size, maneuverability, workspace configuration and more. For a look at our advanced systems, be sure to visit our products page.
For companies looking to laser mark or laser etch electronics, know that fiber lasers have been utilized in a host of essential ways. Some of the product types and equipment that regularly utilize laser marking include:
- Cell phones and smartphones
- Tablet computers
- MP3 players
- Circuit/PCB boards
- IC chips
- Silicon wafers
- Molded plastic housings
- Circuit breakers
- Semiconductor parts
- Product containers
For these and other products, laser marking systems are able to provide:
- High-quality identification information, such as essential certifications, product specs, barcodes, alphanumeric codes, and 2D codes
- Ablation of copper and other materials
- Kapton ablation and removal
- The ability to mark information on the smallest of components
- Traceability for vital pieces of equipment
- Permanent, solder-resistant markings which are machine-readable
- Stylized corporate and product logos
- Resistor trimming
- Assistance with quality assurance and the protection of trademarks
- Sped-up production time and increased efficiency
Additionally, laser marking systems have the added benefit of offering clear marks to create contrast but without causing electrical interference that could come from exposing copper components.
And because of laser marking’s cost-effectiveness, efficiency, and precision, the method is greatly preferred to more outdated options like pad printing, stamping, chemical etching, and silk-screening.
In addition to all the previously discussed benefits of laser marking electronic parts, new advancements in the laser industry are bringing about some fascinating possibilities for the future.
- Data Crystal Storage – One amazing application is the emergence of data crystal storage. Through the use of laser etching, scientists have been able to place entire copies of important documents and books on coin-sized glass discs. These discs are estimated to last up to 13.8 billion years!
- Superhydrophobic Surfaces – Recently, researchers have discovered a way to create superhydrophobic surfaces through laser etching. These surfaces are ideal for electronic components, and are seen as essential for future smartphone production to increase screen resilience.
Applications such as these are developing all the time, so be sure to stay up with exciting industry news like this with TYKMA Electrox’s news page.
If you’re interested in utilizing these laser marking electronics applications for your business, feel free to contact us. Partnering with TYKMA Electrox is one of the best decisions you can make for your operations, because with us, the customer always comes first.