Having a material that is reliable, strong, and versatile is important to the success of projects and the safety of any individuals involved. Polycarbonate is capable of fulfilling this and so much more, making it the ideal solution for many industries.
When you need a reliable way to achieve clear marks for your polycarbonate applications, use laser engraving polycarbonate for a lasting outcome that will not fade with time.
Polycarbonate is a popular classification of plastic that is often used as a lighter alternative to glass. Known for its versatility and array of benefits, polycarbonate is utilized throughout many industries by a variety of professionals. This material is a popular choice among architects who appreciate its aesthetic appeal, as well as project managers and engineers who value its structural integrity.
Everyday uses of polycarbonate include plastic lenses in eyewear, medical devices, automotive equipment, protective gear, digital disks, exterior lighting fixtures, and more. Other unique uses of polycarbonate include airplane windows, bulletproof shields, greenhouses, camera components, candy molds, and even canopies for jets.
Benefits of Working with Polycarbonate
Polycarbonate is so often utilized because it carries a wide array of beneficial qualities, including:
- Toughness – The high strength of this material makes it resistant to impact and fracture, which is ideal for applications that require reliability and performance. This could include applications that are exposed to extreme weather, debris, vandalism, and more.
- Transmittance – This plastic is clear and can transmit light as glass does, and it is able to be customized to different shades based on project intention. Take customization further by laser marking polycarbonate with logos, barcodes, and more.
- Lightweight – When compared to glass, polycarbonate weighs about half as much, resulting in easy moving, storage, and material handling.
- UV protection – Yellowing and discoloring are common for materials that are directly exposed to sunlight. Polycarbonate often incorporates a UV coating on one or both sides of the sheet, making it resistant to this discoloration process.
Laser Marking Polycarbonate with TYKMA Electrox Products
Our laser marking systems are designed to incorporate the best technology on the market. This means they are completed with optimized features that allow them to be the most advanced, low-maintenance, and extended-life machines. Below, you will find key advantages to using our machines when laser engraving polycarbonate.
- Reliability – You’ll be able to create consistent marks to facilitate readability by humans and machines. Whether you want to print a logo, tracking information, or even instructions for use, our laser marking systems will produce accurate results, time after time.
- Versatility – Whether you are looking to laser mark polycarbonate or have a different project in mind, our machines are capable of accomplishing your goals.
- Protection – Should your laser marking system needs maintenance in the future, we are ready to help. Every system we build is backed by a full warranty and exceptional 24/7 support, giving you comfort in knowing that your downtime will be minimal.
- User-friendliness – We offer training for all of our systems, helping operators get accustomed to our streamlined software. This software is known as Pro Laser Marking Software, and has been designed to enhance the ease of use and results of your projects.
TYKMA Electrox’s Expertise
With over 65 years of combined experience in laser development, the team at TYKMA Electrox has seen thousands of different applications. Gaining this expertise has presented us with an opportunity to design and produce a reliable line of products that are capable of tackling any project, including laser marking polycarbonate and beyond.
Contact Us Today to Begin Laser Engraving Polycarbonate
Polycarbonate is often a go-to for many applications, and when your plan requires laser engraving polycarbonate, we have the products you need to create desirable project outcomes.
If you are ready to learn more about laser marking polycarbonate, contact our team and discover how we can be of assistance.
Leave a comment.