Laser Annealing Steel with Machines from TYKMA Electrox
Laser annealing is a technique of marking that produces long-lasting marks by applying heat to a metal surface. As the metal heats, oxygen is infused into the surface and causes it to oxidize. Once the surface cools fully, the metal changes in color to reveal newly printed logos, serial numbers, and more without any alterations to its shape or structural integrity.
The process of laser annealing can only be used for certain materials, including stainless steel, steel, and titanium. Today, we are going to dive into how laser annealing steel and stainless steel shape industries and how our machines can assist in the process.
Benefits of Laser Annealing Steel
Whether you use laser marking, engraving, etching, or annealing, you can create a clear mark on your materials that will last. However, laser annealing stainless steel is preferred in industrial applications since it does not create nooks or crannies that that can lead to the formation of rust or bacteria. Additionally, it is ideal for applications that require an object to maintain a price shape or structural integrity.
Additional benefits of laser annealing steel and stainless steel include the following:
- Simple – Laser annealing has the ability to retain original metal properties and shapes
- Reliable – Since the material is only heated and cooled, the process reduces distortions and warping while making the object stronger
- Clean – Laser annealing does not require chemicals, making it a clean and efficient process
- Regulated – Uniform heating processes are used in laser annealing, which produces consistent results and reduces flaws
- Versatile – Laser annealing machines for stainless steel are capable of producing colors other than black, including blues, browns, and yellows
Stainless steel is used in a variety of applications for its anti-corrosion properties and low chemical reactivity. The process of laser annealing stainless steel and steel is ideal for industries like medicine where tools need to be sterile and avoid bacteria accumulation. Additionally, the process works well for cooking utensils since everyone wants to avoid the risk of eating from rusty cutlery. Additional industries that can benefit from laser annealing machines for steel include electronics, aerospace, and many others.
TYKMA Electrox Has the Best Laser Annealing Machines for Steel
When determining which system will be best suited for your project, it is important to understand your surface shape. Laser annealing is typically achieved with nanosecond fiber lasers, UV lasers, and picosecond lasers because they can reduce the heat-affected zone on the material surface.
At TYKMA Electrox, we offer a variety of laser annealing machines for steel. Explore some of the systems that can be used for your project:
- Minilase™ XL Manual
- Zetalase™ XL CO2
- Raptor Integration DPSS Laser
- Vereo™ Smart Integration Fiber Laser
- LaserGear BOQX
Benefits of Choosing TYKMA Electrox
Using laser annealing machines for steel from TYKMA Electrox helps create reliable marks that are consistently produced to your standards. This is ideal in applications where precision is necessary. Further benefits include:
- Our laser annealing machines for steel create clear marks that endure, standing up to wear and tear and various other elements, including abrasive cleaning treatments.
- Fiber lasers are a common choice for laser annealing steel, and they are also an environmentally friendly option. They offer control over parameters like power, frequency, pulse duration, and more. Lastly, they are low-maintenance and use minimal power.
- Regardless of the industry you are in, it is important to create clear marks with high visibility for tracking, personalization, brand recognition, instruction, and more. Our laser annealing systems for steel leave your items with clear, crisp markings for designs, product numbers, codes, logos, and more that will accompany them throughout their useful life.
Get in Touch with TYKMA Electrox
Laser annealing steel and stainless steel is a great solution for industries that want to create durable marks but do not want to change an item’s surface texture.
For more information on our laser annealing systems for steel, be sure to reach out to our knowledgeable team today.