Laser Engraving Graphite Applications with TYKMA Electrox
TYKMA Electrox is an industrial laser marking and engraving specialist with over 55 years of accumulated experience. Our team is made up of qualified engineers, software designers, and service professionals who work to deliver well-developed solutions to your application needs.
The systems we design provide a range of marking capabilities, including laser marking, etching, engraving. These marking options can be used for a variety of surfaces, and are especially useful when working with graphite.
Laser Marking Graphite Overview
Graphite is commonly used in batteries, electronics, solar panels, and more. Due to its resistance to heat and overall composition, it is regularly used in applications that require high levels of conductivity, including within the metallurgy field.
When it comes to marking graphite, laser marking systems are versatile tools designed to accomplish clear markings that last. Before you begin the process of laser engraving graphite, it is important to choose a laser that is suited to the industry and facility you operate in.
The right laser will have the power to achieve deep marks with high resolution. Additionally, these technologically advanced machines should be easy to control, giving you added freedom when conducting the depth desired for the engraving. Laser engraving systems are able to go as deep as 0.125” within graphite.
Laser Engraving in Action
Laser engraving graphite is typically a quick process, and it creates lasting marks for materials that are clear, crisp, and readable. When laser engraving graphite, regular marking applications can include serial numbers, logos, tracking numbers, designs, company branding, and more.
Products utilizing graphite that are ideally suited for laser engraving include:
- Smart phones
- Laptop components
- Solar panels
- Electric motor brushes
- Arc lamps
- Nuclear storage materials
- Brake linings
- Car body panels
- Fishing rods
- Golf clubs
- Bicycle frames
- Aerospace components
Benefits of Laser Engraving Graphite
Laser engraving graphite is a simple solution for your product identification needs. This process uses a localized laser pulse to vaporize a thin layer of your product, resulting in a detailed mark that can be used for identification and tracking purposes. Other benefits of laser engraving graphite include:
- Durability – Engraving provides a durable solution for your graphite application, producing clear marks that can withstand time and a variety of elements. You’ll especially want to utilize engraving if you know that your surface will be a candidate for abrasive treatments in the future.
- Simplicity – Laser engraving machines typically do not require much upkeep, with our systems requiring no calibrations, water cooling, or alignments. Additionally, MOPA fiber lasers feature low power consumption, therefore reducing their financial and environmental impact.
- Versatility – When practicing laser marking, a variety of marks are possible, with different depths available through marking, engraving, and etching. This allows it to be a solution across many industries for varied applications.
- Clarity – Laser engraving provides long-lasting product information and identification on materials by way of clean, crisp marks. Whether used for traceability, branding, or anything else, markings and engravings will stand the test of time on your products.
Choose TYKMA Electrox When Laser Engraving Graphite
Regardless of your marking and application goals, the TYKMA Electrox team is able to provide assistance as you evaluate your options. Our team is even able to provide sample laser marking so you can see how your end products will appear.
Other reasons that TYKMA Electrox is a vital asset in your project include:
- Reliable equipment supplied with an array of cutting-edge features
- Ergonomic systems with user-friendly controls
- 24/7/365 support, including training and maintenance options
- Up to 100,000-hour system lifespans
- Industry-leading warranties
- Compact machine footprints with simple modular designs
Contact Us Today for Help with Laser Engraving Graphite
TYKMA Electrox is ready to provide a solution for laser marking graphite that will meet the needs of your company. Contact us today to get started!