At TYKMA Electrox, we pride ourselves on offering laser systems that can mark all types of materials and substrates.
Some of the most diverse products that require markings are the various tools found in nearly every industry. Whether it’s for codes, serial numbers, or logos, laser marking tools is vital to many companies, and TYKMA Electrox is the best choice for a reliable, powerful, and precise laser system.
Industries That Benefit from Laser Engraved Tools
Tools made of materials like stainless steel, aluminum, and titanium are common candidates for laser marking. Our laser markings can be found on a wide variety of tools, including:
- Consumable carbide tooling
- Cutting tools
- Gun drills
- Hand tools
- Power and electronic tools
- Construction tools
Systems and Accessories for Laser Marking Tools
If you are looking for systems that can be used to laser engrave or mark your tools, TYKMA Electrox is here to help. Whether you need to mark a round tool or an organic material, we can connect you with a solution that is going to be most effective in your application.
Check out the following solutions that can be used for laser marking or etching on tools:
- 10- to 100-watt fiber lasers for a range of power options depending on the application
- Digital microscopes that allow us to measure down to 5 microns, for those who have tight specs for depth measurement
- CO2 lasers for organic materials, such as wood, glass, and more, which include our ZetalaseTM XL CO2 Laser Marking System
- Rotary accessories to mark around objects
Offering the Precision Needed for Laser Marking Tools
Tools come in all shapes and sizes, and some, especially in the medical world, are very small and delicate. However, our MOPA (“Master Oscillator Power Amplifier”) fiber laser engines utilize a technique called “pulse duration control,” which involves changing waveforms and allows an operator to better control the laser’s settings and capabilities for certain applications.
Some of the capabilities our machines have for laser marking tools include the following:
- Burning/general marking – For the general process for laser engraving tools and other items, a mark is created by aggressively burning the surface of the material
- Annealing/black surface marking – When you laser anneal tools, you can produce a durable marking by applying a large amount of heat to the surface of the material, while minimizing the aggressiveness of the mark
- Ablating/material removal – During this process, a mark is made by removing the surface-coated layer of a material, such as burning the anodized layer off of aluminum
- Foaming/color change – Laser foaming uses a controlled burn on the surface of the plastic to create a mark
- Frosting/white surface marking – By frosting the surface of the material at high speeds, a distinct mark is created
- Deep engraving/material removal – Deep engraving removes material to create a mark that has depth, giving the resulting mark an embossed look
Benefits of Laser Engraving Tools
Regardless of your industry, laser engraving on tools is a great way to create durable marks that do not interfere with the functionality or aesthetics of the item.
Check out the other advantages of using laser marking on your most-used tools.
- Customization – By laser engraving on tools, you can permanently indicate tool ownership. Other marks you can create on tools include serial numbers, QR codes, company logos, designs, or other information. This can be especially useful for product branding, traceability, identification, and beyond.
- Precision – Our laser marking machines are designed to produce the same mark over and over again. This is especially important when laser engraving on tools because you want to ensure that the products you are working with all have uniformity.
- Durability – Laser markings on tools are highly resistant to fading, corrosion, and peeling. Whether you use laser marking, etching, ablating, foaming, or another option, you can achieve long-lasting marks that will endure through the useful life of the product.
Learn More About Our Capabilities for Laser Engraving Tools
The TYKMA Electrox team designs and manufactures laser marking systems with usability and longevity in mind. Thanks to a variety of versatile machines that can work in any type of industry around the globe, combined with 24/7/365 support services, TYKMA Electrox gives your company an unparalleled laser marking experience.
Regardless of the system you choose, you can expect the following qualities to support it:
- Streamlined software – Our laser marking systems for tools are equipped with Pro Laser Marking Software which is both intuitive and versatile while being supported by user-friendly designs.
- Versatility – Our laser marking systems are ideal for a variety of projects. Regardless of whether you are looking to laser engrave tools or have a different outcome you wish to achieve, we can supply a machine that will meet your project goals.
- Experience – Our machines and systems are a reflection of our 65+ years of combined industry experience. Our goal is to produce unrivaled laser solutions for our customers around the world.
Contact Us to Begin Laser Marking Tools in Any Industry
We look forward to helping you find the right laser system for you. To learn more about laser marking tools and other applications, contact us today.