If you’re in the jewelry business, or like to create jewelry as a hobby, you know the value and importance that engraving plays for the pieces you craft. Being able to incorporate information onto any given piece, particularly text for personalization, let’s you provide additional services in your business that the customer greatly appreciates.
In the past, hand engraving and basic machine engraving were the only options available to jewelry-makers, but as technology has advanced the process of laser engraving jewelry has emerged as a viable and state-of-the-art alternative.
Let’s take a look at everything jewelry laser marking can offer you and your customers and why LaserGear should be your system of choice.
Advantages of Laser Etch Technologies
Companies and hobbyists who incorporate a laser engraving system into their jewelry operations can reap a variety of significant benefits, including:
- Precision – Due to its computer-controlled nature, laser marking and engraving is able to provide micron-level accuracy while producing clean, crisp marks or engravings.
- Reduced Cost – Because hand engraving and basic machine engraving requires a stylus or a burin to cut away at the piece being engraved, over time the cutting instrument will begin to be chipped and dulled, requiring constant upkeep and eventual replacement. But since laser engraving is non-contact, in that only the laser touches the engraved material, this upkeep, and thus ongoing cost, is removed from the equation.
- Speed – Since laser engraving machines utilize a computerized system, they are able to produce laser engraving patterns for jewelry with ease once the needed designs or information has been entered into the system letting you rapidly make the marks or engravings needed.
- Repeatability – Related to the speed aspect mention above is repeatability, in that you will have the ability to mass-produce pieces which all necessitate the same markings quickly and efficiently.
- Rotary Capability – With so many pieces of jewelry having rounded or circular components, being able to mark and engrave around such surfaces is vital. To assist with this, LaserGear provides an optional MR65 Rotary accessory to supply the rotary laser engraving machine for jewelry your operation needs.
- Small Footprint – Our laser engraving systems are ideal for jewelry in that they have a very small footprint and are either desktop or integration lasers that will only take up a minimum amount of vital real estate in your facility.
- Versatility – Along with their capabilities as rotary laser engravers, our systems are able to be used on a wide range of materials in countless applications. We’ll examine a number of them below.
Laser Engraving Jewelry Applications
Some of the ways that you can utilize laser engraving in your jewelry operations include by way of the following:
- Copyrighting any specialized pieces of jewelry you create
- Incorporating serial numbers, bar codes, 2D matrix codes, and more, all of which can help in the traceability of a product and reduce the possibility of counterfeiting
- Incorporating logos, branding, graphic images, specialized designs and patterns, and anything else to enhance a given piece of jewelry and make it more functional or beautiful
- Personalizing rings, bracelets, necklaces, lockets, and more with names, dates, messages, and anything else a customer may require
- Adding reproductions of photos or other designs on custom pieces
- Incorporating hallmarks to denote the amount of pure metal found in a piece of jewelry and displaying its provenance, something that is a requirement to have in various national and international markets
Some of the materials that are ideal for laser engraving and marking include:
- Stainless steel
- Anodized aluminum
- Nickel-plated materials
- Galvanized materials
- ABS plastics
- Glass-filled plastics
- Various other plastics
- Painted materials
- Black oxide
Need a Quality System for Laser Marking Jewelry? Reach Out to Our Team!
If you’ve been searching for a way to modernize and optimize your jewelry business, laser engraving is the answer. Feel free to browse our brochure to view specs on our efficient jewelry engravers, and contact us today to get your system!
At TYKMA Electrox, our laser systems are used to personalize a wide variety of everyday carry items. From knives to firearms, our lasers are built to intricately engrave your personalized designs or logos onto your gear. The systems we provide are even used for laser marking gun cases. If you’re interested in adding personalization to […]
Whether you sell knives for everyday carry, camping, or as collector’s items, you understand the importance of personalization to their owners. Many people who purchase knives like to have the option to personalize them, and the best way to do so is with a laser marking system.
If you make products for pets, from custom collars and tags to doghouses and cat jungles, you know the importance of custom pieces unique for every pet. Being able to incorporate key information onto tags is critical to each pet’s safety, but engraving is also an opportunity to showcase a pet’s personality.
We understand that for small businesses, getting into laser marking can be intimidating. At LaserGear, a division of TYKMA Electrox, we have designed a special line of entry-level laser engravers for people just like you who are looking to begin utilizing laser systems for your operations. Why You Should Invest in a Small Laser Engraving […]