If you’re in the jewelry business, or like to create jewelry as a hobby, you know the value and importance that engraving plays for the pieces you craft. Being able to incorporate information onto any given piece, particularly text for personalization, lets you provide additional services in your business that the customer greatly appreciates. This is where laser engraving machines for jewelry come into play to provide precise and long-lasting results in an efficient manner.
In the past, hand engraving and basic machine engraving were the only options available to jewelry-makers, but as technology has advanced the process of laser engraving jewelry has emerged as a viable and state-of-the-art alternative.
At TYKMA Electrox, our LaserGear systems are the ideal jewelry engraving machines. These advanced systems truly bridge the gap between creating a well-made, personalized piece of jewelry and utilizing the latest technology in the laser marking industry.
Let’s take a look at everything jewelry laser engraving machines can offer you and your customers and why LaserGear should be your system of choice.
Advantages of Using Laser Engraving Machines for Jewelry
Companies and hobbyists who incorporate laser engraving machines for jewelry into their operations can reap a variety of significant benefits, including:
- Precision – Due to its computer-controlled nature, laser marking and engraving is able to provide micron-level accuracy while producing clean, crisp marks or engravings.
- Reduced cost – Because hand engraving and basic machine engraving requires a stylus or a burin to cut away at the piece being engraved, over time the cutting instrument will begin to be chipped and dulled, requiring constant upkeep and eventual replacement. But since laser engraving is non-contact, in that only the laser touches the engraved material, this upkeep, and thus ongoing cost, is removed from the equation.
- Speed – Since jewelry laser engraving machines utilize a computerized system, they are able to produce laser engraving patterns for items with ease once the needed designs or information has been entered into the system, letting you rapidly make the marks or engravings needed.
- Repeatability – Related to the speed aspect mentioned above is repeatability, in that you will have the ability to mass-produce pieces which all necessitate the same markings quickly and efficiently.
- Rotary capability – With so many pieces of jewelry having rounded or circular components, being able to mark and engrave around such surfaces is vital. To assist with this, TYKMA Electrox provides optional rotary accessories for your operation’s needs.
- Small footprint – Our laser engraving systems are ideal for jewelry in that they have a very small footprint and are either desktop or integration lasers that will only take up a minimum amount of vital real estate in your facility.
- Versatility – Along with their capabilities as rotary laser engravers, our systems are able to be used on a wide range of materials in countless applications. We’ll examine a number of them below.
Applications for Jewelry Laser Engraving Machines
Some of the ways that you can utilize laser marking jewelry for your operations include the following:
- Copyrighting any specialized pieces of jewelry you create
- Incorporating serial numbers, bar codes, 2D matrix codes, and more, all of which can help in the traceability of a product and reduce the possibility of counterfeiting
- Incorporating logos, branding, graphic images, specialized designs and patterns, and anything else to enhance a given piece of jewelry and make it more functional or beautiful
- Personalizing rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces, lockets, and more with names, dates, messages, and anything else a customer may require
- Adding reproductions of photos or other designs on custom pieces
- Incorporating hallmarks to denote the amount of pure metal found in a piece of jewelry and displaying its provenance, something that is a requirement to have in various national and international markets
Our jewelry laser engraving machines can handle a variety of materials, including but not limited to:
FAQs About Jewelry Laser Engraving Machines
If you’re thinking about acquiring a laser engraving machine for jewelry, check out these commonly asked questions to get a better sense of what you will be working with.
Can jewelry engraving machines damage the products they are working with?
No, laser engraving machines for jewelry are generally safe for a wide range of products. Our jewelry laser engraving machines are commonly utilized by businesses that want to provide customization options for customers, and the end results are very attractive.
To learn more about the laser engraving process, check out our blog post about the differences between laser marking, laser engraving, and laser etching.
Can I choose a style or font when laser marking jewelry?
Our laser engraving systems provide you with diverse font, style, and custom design options, as well as the ability to engrave on small objects with no damage. The sky’s the limit when it comes to designs.
Which laser engraving machine for jewelry system is right for me?
At TYKMA Electrox, we’re confident our LaserGear products will provide the best solutions for laser marking jewelry. Check out our line of LaserGear products, including:
- LaserGear BOQX Laser Marking System – This standard benchtop fiber laser marking system for jewelry combines power with simplicity.
- LaserGear QUBE Laser Marking System – This integration fiber laser marking system is ideal for integration into product lines and for use in an open environment.
How long does laser marking jewelry take?
Jewelry engraving machines vary in the time they require for marking on jewelry, depending on the complexity of the design and the number of pieces to be engraved. Simple engravings may be done within minutes, while more intricate designs can take longer.
Do jewelry laser engraving machines provide permanent results or can my products be modified?
Laser marking jewelry provides permanent solutions on your products. While it is possible to modify or re-engrave jewelry, the extent of modification may depend on the material and the condition of the piece.
Need a Quality System for Laser Marking Jewelry? Reach Out to Our Team!
If you’ve been searching for a way to modernize and optimize your jewelry business, laser engraving is the answer. Feel free to browse our brochure to view specs on our efficient jewelry engraving machines. Otherwise, contact us today to get started engraving!