If you’re in the jewelry business, or like to create jewelry as a hobby, you know the value and importance that engraving plays for the pieces you craft. Being able to incorporate information onto any given piece, particularly text for personalization, let’s you provide additional services in your business that the customer greatly appreciates.
In the past, hand engraving and basic machine engraving were the only options available to jewelry-makers, but as technology has advanced the process of laser engraving jewelry has emerged as a viable and state-of-the-art alternative.
Let’s take a look at everything jewelry laser marking can offer you and your customers and why LaserGear should be your system of choice.
Advantages of Laser Etch Technologies
Companies and hobbyists who incorporate a laser engraving system into their jewelry operations can reap a variety of significant benefits, including:
- Precision – Due to its computer-controlled nature, laser marking and engraving is able to provide micron-level accuracy while producing clean, crisp marks or engravings.
- Reduced Cost – Because hand engraving and basic machine engraving requires a stylus or a burin to cut away at the piece being engraved, over time the cutting instrument will begin to be chipped and dulled, requiring constant upkeep and eventual replacement. But since laser engraving is non-contact, in that only the laser touches the engraved material, this upkeep, and thus ongoing cost, is removed from the equation.
- Speed – Since laser engraving machines utilize a computerized system, they are able to produce laser engraving patterns for jewelry with ease once the needed designs or information has been entered into the system letting you rapidly make the marks or engravings needed.
- Repeatability – Related to the speed aspect mention above is repeatability, in that you will have the ability to mass-produce pieces which all necessitate the same markings quickly and efficiently.
- Rotary Capability – With so many pieces of jewelry having rounded or circular components, being able to mark and engrave around such surfaces is vital. To assist with this, LaserGear provides an optional MR65 Rotary accessory to supply the rotary laser engraving machine for jewelry your operation needs.
- Small Footprint – Our laser engraving systems are ideal for jewelry in that they have a very small footprint and are either desktop or integration lasers that will only take up a minimum amount of vital real estate in your facility.
- Versatility – Along with their capabilities as rotary laser engravers, our systems are able to be used on a wide range of materials in countless applications. We’ll examine a number of them below.
Laser Engraving Jewelry Applications
Some of the ways that you can utilize laser engraving in your jewelry operations include by way of the following:
- Copyrighting any specialized pieces of jewelry you create
- Incorporating serial numbers, bar codes, 2D matrix codes, and more, all of which can help in the traceability of a product and reduce the possibility of counterfeiting
- Incorporating logos, branding, graphic images, specialized designs and patterns, and anything else to enhance a given piece of jewelry and make it more functional or beautiful
- Personalizing rings, bracelets, necklaces, lockets, and more with names, dates, messages, and anything else a customer may require
- Adding reproductions of photos or other designs on custom pieces
- Incorporating hallmarks to denote the amount of pure metal found in a piece of jewelry and displaying its provenance, something that is a requirement to have in various national and international markets
Some of the materials that are ideal for laser engraving and marking include:
Need a Quality System for Laser Marking Jewelry? Reach Out to Our Team!
If you’ve been searching for a way to modernize and optimize your jewelry business, laser engraving is the answer. Feel free to browse our brochure to view specs on our efficient jewelry engravers, and contact us today to get your system!
Laser marking and engraving has been put to use by diverse industries, with the medical field being a prominent sector in need of the clean, crisp marks that laser systems can provide. As a subset of the medical field, dental practices and dental equipment manufacturers can greatly benefit from laser marking, particularly if they opt […]
Laser marking and engraving has a wide variety of applications for businesses and hobbyists, with everything from the medical field to the everyday carry subculture and more getting real benefits from laser marked parts.
At TYKMA Electrox, we believe that our customers deserve the best technology that is available. With this in mind, our lasers are reliable and environmentally friendly, and they are designed to maximize your savings while being energy efficient. Are you searching for a tabletop laser engraver? TYKMA Electrox has multiple options for you to choose […]
At TYKMA Electrox, we design and manufacture industrial laser marking machines for applications across an array of industries. When it comes to deep laser engraving, our systems serve as cost-effective solutions for your marking needs. From standard products to custom-made machines, our team strives to make sure that you are receiving the best product available. […]