TYKMA Electrox has become a leader in the specialty of laser marking firearms by working with a variety of prominent companies in the firearms industry. We’ve designed and engineered a broad range of standard and custom industrial laser systems and workstations for gun manufacturers worldwide and we’re ready to put our talents to work for you to facilitate premium gun laser engraving.
Learn more about our solutions for the laser engraving of firearms from our team of experts today.
How Laser Marking on Firearms Works
If you are looking for a high-contrast and permanent marking solution for your gun, you should consider laser engraving firearms over other less effective techniques. Laser engraving involves stripping small layers from the exterior of your firearm to create an ultra-durable mark. When laser marking on firearms, a MOPA fiber laser is recommended for the best results.
In order to create laser marked firearm grips and other components that are high-quality and high-contrast, here are some simple steps to keep in mind:
- Determine the goals of the task
- Select a MOPA fiber laser based on your needs
- Prepare your firearm for laser engraving
- Decide the layout, font, and style of your design
- Run tests prior to marking
- Place your firearm and start laser engraving
Once you have finished laser engraving firearms, it is important to inspect your final products to ensure that the laser marking meets your standards. You can do so by checking the accuracy and depth of your markings and making sure they meet your expectations.
Customized Solutions for Laser Marking Firearms
Whether you need a system for laser marking or laser engraving firearms, TYKMA Electrox should be your provider of choice. When it comes to the types of markings our systems can perform on firearms, our range includes:
- Gun serialization
- Deep engraving of serial numbers
- Decorative barrel marking
- Upper receiver marking
- Deep etching of graphics on lower receivers
- Alignment marking of gun scopes and sights
- Tracking of clips
- Logos and graphics
- QR codes
- Hard coat anodized marking
Our firearm laser engraving capabilities are also adept at producing precision marks on a wide variety of materials and alloys, including the following:
As per government standard regulations, all firearm serial numbers must match an engraved depth of three to six thousandths. Our systems for laser engraving guns are able to meet these exacting standards, ensuring that our customers can comply with all necessary guidelines. So, use the systems for laser marking firearms you can trust – use TYKMA Electrox.
Additional Possibilities for Laser Engraving Firearms
If you’ve never done any gun laser marking but have heard about it from other firearm enthusiasts, know that there are a wide variety of ways you can utilize our laser systems. In addition to the more technical marking applications listed above, you will also be able to laser mark your firearms, or those of a customer, to give them a personal flair.
Some additional applications for laser engraving guns include:
- Graphics – If you’re looking to add interesting graphics to a gun to make it stand out, firearm laser engraving can be the perfect option.
- Logos – If you, or a customer, have a logo or insignia of a business, organization, gun club, or military branch that would be fitting for a firearm, laser marking is ideal for permanently engraving it on the piece.
- Artwork – Whether you want to incorporate popular images like a flag or eagle, or you want something a little different like a face or a cartoon character, or you want to utilize your own custom artwork, performing laser engraving on your gun is the way to go.
- Names – Laser engraving your firearm with a name or initials is a great way to personalize it and mark it as your own, but it’s also useful if you’re looking to give a friend or relative a firearm as a gift and want to make it something truly special.
- Personal messages – Much like laser marking your gun with a name, engraving a message for yourself or others can be a great option. This could include a slogan or motto, a quote that holds relevancy for you, an in memoriam tribute, a significant date, or anything else.
And in the world of military and defense, TYKMA Electrox systems are also adept at marking such essential equipment as:
Lastly, many fans of paintball have used laser engraving systems for paintball gun laser engraving to fulfill the variety of applications listed above. So, whether someone is part of a paintball group, a member of the armed forces, or merely a firearms enthusiast, it’s clear that laser engraving for firearms can supply diverse functionality.
With versatility like this, it’s easy to see why we’ve become a trusted partner of the defense industry, and why firearm manufacturers looking for reliable solutions for laser engraving firearms select TYKMA Electrox again and again.
FAQs – Laser Engraving Firearms, Laser Marked Firearm Grips, and More
What safety precautions should I follow when laser marking firearms?
Beyond the various accessories that we recommend for smooth, safe, and efficient operations, here are some safety precautions to keep in mind when creating laser marked firearm grips and more:
- Familiarize yourself with your workstation
- Clean your system regularly
- Read the manual before marking
- Determine the materials that you will be using
How do I choose the right solution for laser engraving firearms?
There are several things you will want to consider before choosing the right laser marking system, including:
- The specific materials you are wanting to mark
- The size and shape of your firearms
- The speed you need to mark your firearms
- The degree of automation needed for your project
These factors can determine which one of our laser marking workstations will work best for you, or if you need to reach out to us regarding a custom solution. Either way, we are happy to assist you in finding the best system for your project needs.
What training do you offer for laser marking systems?
At TYKMA Electrox, we want to ensure our clients have a complete understanding of our systems for laser marking firearms. With that in mind, our training options include:
- Onsite training at your facility
- Training at our TYKMA Electrox facility
- Online training
- Startup assistance
To learn more about our training offerings, feel free to reach out to our team of experts today.
Our Partnership with Cerakote
To take our capabilities for gun laser engraving even further, we’ve recently partnered with industry leader Cerakote, a company that produces thin-film ceramic coatings for various materials and applications.
One of the major applications for Cerakote coatings used with TYKMA Electrox systems is for laser marking guns and knives.
You can read more about our partnership and see a video of laser marking in action and some finished products, on our Cerakote partnership post.
Color Laser Engraving and 3D Laser Engraving Guns
Additional capabilities for our efficient laser marking systems include the ability to 3D laser mark pieces that are round, concave, convex, slanted, and more, producing clean, crisp marks regardless of the uneven surface shape.
Our systems are also adept at supplying vibrant color laser engraving which can really make your firearms or other materials pop out. Visit our color laser engraving page for a great demonstration video!
Why TYKMA Electrox Should Be Your Resource for Laser Etching Firearms
All of our systems are designed and manufactured at TYKMA Electrox’s own full-service facility in Chillicothe, Ohio, with production supported by a team of industry management experts, engineers, software designers, and skilled technical service professionals.
The specific features of our workstations and systems, which are utilized for gun laser engraving, include:
- High-powered MOPA fiber laser engines, along with CO2 and UV options
- Ergonomic designs and user-friendly controls that result in the very best operator experience
- 10x increased efficiency over systems that operate using YAG lasers
- Exacting quality standards applied to the design and construction of every system
- Impressive material versatility and flexibility
- Simple setup supplemented by online tutorials and downloads
- No lamps, water cooling or alignments, and zero calibrations required
- An array of available accessories to further streamline operations
- Longevity and reliability, with up to a 100,000-hour lifespan and a three-year warranty
- Compact machine footprints with simple modular designs
- Customizable options to ensure your laser marking system for gun laser engraving meets your exact needs and application requirements
Additionally, our workstations ship fully assembled and are ready to laser engrave firearms or any other product with minimal setup. And, as always, these systems are backed by our exceptional 24/7/365 service, training, and technical support.
In this video, we showcase the deep laser engraving of caliber information on revolver cylinders using a 100W MOPA fiber laser. In addition, this system features machine vision for mark/no-mark verification and custom software, providing a simple interface for operator use.
As a worldwide leader in all laser marking solutions, we look forward to helping your company meet its marking needs for laser engraving firearms. Our team will be with you every step of the way from sample testing to production to delivery, all to ensure you receive the finest gun laser marking system available.
Need a Solution for Laser Marking Firearms? Contact Our Team Today!
To learn more about the best in laser etching firearms, be sure to contact TYKMA Electrox today.