The Best Solution for Laser Engraving Steel Applications
TYKMA Electrox’s laser marking systems can operate on a wide variety of materials, including the toughest applications in the world, such as steel.
Steel markings are needed across many industries, used in everything from medical devices and oil and gas applications to tools, automotive parts, heavy equipment and more.
TYKMA Electrox’s Capabilities for Laser Etching Steel
With our versatile machines, a variety of marking processes can be performed, depending on your specific needs. So if you need a system for laser etching steel, or are in need of a system for marking or engraving, you’re in luck.
When it comes to steel parts, our processes include:
- Burning/General Marking: This type of mark is created by aggressively burning the surface of the material. Depending on the substrate, the mark will vary in color from medium brown to black or black/grey. The surface of the material will feel rough to the touch and feature areas of rise and fall of marked material.
- Annealing/Black Surface Marking: This type of mark is created by applying a large amount of heat to the surface of the material while minimizing the aggressiveness of the mark. The result is a solid black mark with a smooth surface finish. This type of marking is very common for medical applications.
- Frosting/White Surface Marking: This type of mark is created by frosting the surface of the material at high speeds. This usually results in a bright or white color. The mark may have a slight texture to the touch, but the surface or coating penetration is minimal, if present at all.
- Deep Engraving/Material Removal: This type of mark is created by removing material to create a mark that has depth. The resulting mark has an embossed look and the mark depth can vary from minimum to extreme depending on the time allowed for the marking process. Stripping small layers to achieve the desired depth is preferred.
A Look at Our Machines for Laser Marking Steel
With advanced MOPA fiber laser technology and environmentally friendly efficiency, TYKMA Electrox laser systems are perfect for any and all marking applications, particularly laser marking steel.
Other advantages of TYKMA Electrox systems for laser engraving steel include:
- Air-cooled, ergonomic, maintenance-free designs with user-friendly controls
- True reliability (a lifespan up to 100,000 hours with a three-year warranty)
- Advanced capabilities to solve the most difficult steel marking applications
Flexible performance capabilities give our systems for laser engraving steel the unique ability to combine both power and precision. No matter the type of industrial application, a TYKMA Electrox system will mark, engrave or etch with the quality you need.
Learn More About Our Laser Engraving Systems
It is our job to ensure that you get the system for laser marking steel that perfectly suits your company. And with 24/7/365 support, we will always be available to provide set-up support, training, troubleshooting and maintenance.
To find an innovative turnkey laser etching system for steel applications that will be reliable for years to come, be sure to contact TYKMA Electrox today
About TYKMA Electrox
We are specialists in industrial laser marking and engraving systems. Our number one focus is the relationship with our customers as we aim to make things simple. From the initial contact through the installation of your laser system and beyond, we strive to provide a personalized consultative approach to solving your application.
Utilizing the latest in MOPA fiber laser technology, our machines offer high end design and are packed with cutting edge features backed with the best warranty in the industry. We can mark a variety of substrates, from all metals to most plastics, from anodized to carbide and more.
Contact us today to learn how TYKMA’s expertise and experience can help solve your application.