We’ve crafted another entry in our spotlight series, and this time we have reached out to client and jewelry company Thoughtful Impressions to get some insights on their operations and offerings, and to showcase how our laser marking equipment has benefited them and their customers.
Give it a look! And if you haven’t seen our interview with their sister company StickyJMedical, visit that one too!
1. Can you tell us a little bit about Thoughtful Impressions?
Thoughtful Impressions is an online retailer that offers individual, personalized jewelry and gifts as well as promotional jewelry items for corporations and organizations. We have produced items for Oprah, the U.S. Olympic Swim Team, Dave Chappelle, The King of Queens, Vince Vaughn movies, Cartoon Network, The Tonight Show, Red Bull, and Steve Harvey, among others.
2. What are some of your more popular products that you provide?
Our goal is to provide great value at an affordable price, and we’ve been doing that for nearly twenty years. Each Thoughtful Impressions gift item is custom engraved and shipped within three business days from when it’s ordered. Customers can select from a wide range of gift items, including photo frames, bracelets, wooden utensils, keychains, pendants, catch-all trays, and women’s lockets.
Thoughtful Impressions also offers Hebrew and Greek engraving, and we engrave handwritten messages as well. According to CEO Lori Torman, “There’s no gift that’s quite so special as a handwritten message from a deceased friend or relative that’s been engraved on a bracelet, charm or photo frame. It’s truly a keepsake that will be treasured for a lifetime.”
3. Since you regularly utilize laser engraving in your operations, can you touch on the benefits it offers your business?
Laser (versus diamond drag) engraving affords us the opportunity to produce bulk orders more quickly and more profitably. Plus, companies and organizations prefer engraved items that punch out their logo or brand message in an easy-to-read style.
The TYKMA Electrox laser marking systems allow us to create a good-looking black mark that’s ideal for promotional items. And, many of our customers for handwriting jewelry and gifts also prefer to have the message engraved in black rather than having a colorless engraving.
4. Are there any particular laser engraved products you want to highlight? Have you gotten any interesting requests over the years?
Since we create extremely unique jewelry and gifts with TYKMA Electrox laser engraving machines, each piece has its own interesting story. Here are a couple of examples of the types of requests we get:
- “My brother and I are having this made for my Mother’s 60th birthday. She is one of those people who never wants any gifts. Our father passed away seven years ago, and we found a paper with his handwriting on it. So we decided to Photoshop the letters together to have some of the lyrics to one of their favorite songs, with ‘I love you’ and his name. It will be one of those gifts she will remember forever, and will treasure for years to come. Thank you so much!”
- “My sister and I were going through boxes of memories and we found this card and our dad had signed it. So far, we have just kept the picture of his signature on our phones and look at it every so often. I started thinking a few weeks ago about what I could do to let her always be able to look at that and to keep it. So I googled bracelets with handwriting and your company’s name popped up. I took a leap of faith and ordered it not knowing if it would truly turn out the way that it did. I still look at it every day and can’t wait to see her face on Christmas.”
5. Anything else you’d like to add?
Initially, most people may consider laser engraving to be somewhat industrial. However, TYKMA Electrox has risen to the occasion and overcome this challenge, making it possible to tap into a new segment by creating beautiful, one-of-a-kind jewelry and gifts.
Want to Learn More?
Visit the Thoughtful Impressions Blog!
At TYKMA Electrox, our laser systems are used to personalize a wide variety of everyday carry items. From knives to firearms, our lasers are built to intricately engrave your personalized designs or logos onto your gear. The systems we provide are even used for laser marking gun cases. If you’re interested in adding personalization to […]
Whether you sell knives for everyday carry, camping, or as collector’s items, you understand the importance of personalization to their owners. Many people who purchase knives like to have the option to personalize them, and the best way to do so is with a laser marking system.
If you make products for pets, from custom collars and tags to doghouses and cat jungles, you know the importance of custom pieces unique for every pet. Being able to incorporate key information onto tags is critical to each pet’s safety, but engraving is also an opportunity to showcase a pet’s personality.
We understand that for small businesses, getting into laser marking can be intimidating. At LaserGear, a division of TYKMA Electrox, we have designed a special line of entry-level laser engravers for people just like you who are looking to begin utilizing laser systems for your operations. Why You Should Invest in a Small Laser Engraving […]